Monday, July 20, 2015

I finally found a good place to put patch version information. Check it out:

eric@lenovo:~/dev/tios/src/gcc_installer/temp/out/bin$ ./tms9900-gcc --version
tms9900-gcc (GCC) 4.4.0 20090421 (TMS9900 patch 1.12)
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I also took a detour to see if I can get GCC 5.2 to work with my changes. So far, the merge is working out better than I thought, but there are still lots of errors. For some reason, the build of gcov fails. This is a profiling tool, and is required as part of the GCC build. This is all unmodified code, so I don't know why it's broken.

The problem seems to be related to the fact that we don't have libc headers for the TMS9900. I'm not sure why this is important since lots of other targets must be configured like this too. Unless I can figure out some way to make progress here, it may be time to give up for a while and get back to making a release.

No comments:

Post a Comment