Monday, August 24, 2009

The bug in the compiler has been fixed. It's a one-line fix to tms9900_parse_name, but at least I can use arbitrary function names.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I've got stdio.asm to the point where it's pretty useful, I've got a hex and decimal print-to screen and print-to-buffer routines working. Remaining routines are print signed decimal, 32-bit support and formatted output (ex: 0x%04X)

I found an annoying bug in the compiler, it seems to do lazy symbol matching when processing expressions. a line like "bl @sprintf" seems to be processed as if it were "bl @sp", resuling in a "register value used as expression" error.

Monday, August 17, 2009

I've just transitioned everything over to the new Compaq laptop. Everything seems to be good, and the emulator starts up much faster.

I'm working on stdio.asm, it will hold printf and sprintf. Right now, it's just a placeholder.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

I continue to fail to update this log at a regular rate. Grr..

I've been focusing on getting printing functions working. This will help debugging and future testing. In fact, these functions were used to help debug themselves. Neat!

I want to get a mostly-complete printf working, and I've been getting the pieces together to make that happen. I think I'll stop with printf, and not implement alternate printing functions like puts. Although, sprintf would be very handy.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

After a lot of undocumented hassle, I've got the first working semi-useful cartrige image. It puts the screen in graphics mode 1 and displays an ASCII chart. As part of this, I have a simple tool to generate the lookup table used for the font.

I need to start thinking about stacks and heaps.